PARIS, France — Oct. 31, 2016 — Synerlink, a leader in form-fill-seal (FFS) packaging lines for the fresh dairy and dessert market, recently released SnapLid, its innovative new reclosable lid technology on its Arcil FFS lines. SnapLid provides a fully-integrated packaging solution that thermoforms and seals a snap-on lid in line – eliminating the need for an overcap lid, typically found on multi-serve products.
“We devoted two years of research and development to adapting the SnapLid concept to work with the types of film popular in the food packaging industry today,” commented Eric Lesbats, Synerlink CEO. “We are excited to offer it to our customers so that they can enjoy cost savings and production benefits while consumers enjoy the convenience of this easy-to-use storage option.”
Synerlink’s SnapLid reclosable technology offers cost and time savings, convenience and more:
- By eliminating the plastic film or foil sealing systems, manufacturers of multi-serve products save time and material costs.
- Made from a PET/PE or PS/PE laminate, the built-in lid provides an excellent seal at high output rates (up to 30 cycles per minute).
- Available for packaging any type of product, such as fresh cheese, crème fraîche, butter, spreads, dips, puréed vegetables, vegetable salads, spices and dry foods like snacks, cereal bars and cookies, into ultra-clean packaging ranging from .35 oz. (10 g) to 35 oz. (1 kg).
- FFS production increases productivity through greater manufacturing efficiency with shorter lines. Complete construction of package on-site (material, logistics and storage costs) leads to increased cost-effectiveness.
- Large pull tab promotes easy one-step opening of lid. Once opened, the final consumer can easily snap it closed to keep the product completely sealed and fresh longer.
- Eye-catching appeal to consumers when high-end (grid cut) is decorated with a strip label in line or a shrink sleeve label at the end of the line.